View Single Post
Old 2008-05-14, 15:01   Link #10
Usuratonkachi
An Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingKnight View Post
Well... it's debatable. Personally I consider fanfiction a worthless endeavor overall. There are very few examples that contradict the "fanfiction sucks" rule in my mind, examples like Studio Kimigabuchi's RETAKE doujin series based on NGE. But then again, the ratio of worthless vs worthwhile fanfiction I've seen tends to infinite.

I wonder...I think there's a difference between fanfiction and doujinshi. This is just my personal opinion, but I've always thought that doujinshi tend to focus more on art (and in some cases, r-rated scenes that don't appear in the canon) rather than story. Fanfiction on the other hand, is more focused on plot and/or character developement.

While it's very true that there are quite a lot of bad fanfiction on the net, I don't think fanfiction writing in general is worthless. It's like art...amateur artists don't go off and start drawing original works when they've never drawn a picture before. They take an example and try to copy it, and by repeatedly doing so, they try to improve. Same with writing and fanfiction.

...no?
Usuratonkachi is offline   Reply With Quote