View Single Post
Old 2012-11-22, 00:25   Link #5744
YF19EX

As much as I like and respect Alex Smith, I think the writing is on the wall for him. Kaepernick is the future. Alex is incredible for his loyalty with this team when the upper management and fans kept calling for his head. And under Harbaugh he was able to finally see his potential. But in many ways its too little too late. Alex is not getting any younger and Kaepernick was preforming like a pro. He still has things to learn like knowing when to get rid of the ball, but he is mobile, accurate under pressure and as much as I don't like QB controversies, if you don't start him now, when? I would like to see Alex take it and get to the Super Bowl, win and finally end all the naysayers. But looks like he wont get that chance...

On that note, I know there is talk about switching up quarterbacks. I say that's a train wreck waiting to happen. The team has to establish a rhythm with each leader. Although taught under similar coaching and Kaepernick has probably been learning from Alex, each ones style is different. If the team was versatile enough to adapt, to each one, then that could throw opposing teams for a loop, trying to predict who to play against. I know Harbaugh has a thing for the unconventional, but you cant keep changing thing or getting too cute.

Last edited by YF19EX; 2012-11-22 at 00:38.
YF19EX is offline   Reply With Quote