Thread: Licensed D.Gray-Man
View Single Post
Old 2008-02-01, 06:12   Link #289
Fynal_Fyre
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
Chaos2Frozen and Tormenk, you're making a point that I forgot in my recent post.

Level 3 Akuma are just the haxx for Exorcists that haven't reached the critical limiter or 100% synch ration with their Innocence.
Spoiler:

We can't be sure for now how much wide the gap in power level from Level 3 to Level 4 has increased, until we see that critter in some butt-kicking action for this week's chapter. But realizing how Level 3's were a hopeless nightmare for non-General Exorcists, then I infer that the Level 4 would be the haxx of despair even for the Generals, in spite that all of them have the critical limiter beyond 100%.
Spoiler:

But wait there's still more. While I was drafting this post out of the sudden I was struck by a realization.

It's been some time that no mention about the Heart has been made in the current arc.
Spoiler:

Finally, Chaos2Frozen made me to ponder that the existence of a Level 5 may not be unfathomable but that depends on what Allen observes through his cursed eye whether there's still some soul inside that Level 4 or not.

The Akuma evolution cycle involves the gradual deterioration and dissappearance of the soul inside it, as the akuma further advances into a high evolution level.

The souls in Level One's are skeletal bodies wearing the clothes of their former human selves while they were alive but all have a chain tied around the neck.
What I believe the soul loses in this stage is its former human personality, as the Akuma personality has taken over and is developing by killing humans in order to become self-sentient in the next level.

The souls in Level Two's have rotten to become skeleton ghosts wrapped in what looks like a strait jacket made of bandages and chains, placed in fetal position.
What is interesting to remark is that in level two all the souls look the same regardless how their respective Akuma vessels are different from each other. This addresses that upon reaching the second level the souls lose now their sense of individuality or identity of the humans that once were when living.

For Example, Eliade did never recall any memories of who she was when she was a living human. Instead, she remembered back to the time from she was resurrected as an Akuma feeling infernal pain to the time she met Krory.

Spoiler:

The only way I see fit for the existence of a Level 5 to be possible is if there's still a bit or tiny traces of the soul left inside a Level 4.
Spoiler:
Spoiler for MILD Manga RAW synopsis:

As to the heart, yeah, I share the same sentiment, level 3's seem to be the deciding factor for exorcists to push their innocence over the 100%~ synchro mark.

Plainly, it could be that:

1. Level 4's would require even a general to go all-out, perhaps near-death or even taking the Akuma down with him as he dies.

2. It would require whichever exorcist who possesses the Heart of all innocence, to break the 100%~ synchro limiter, like Guido says, and become the uber-pwnage machine to own even lvl. 4's.

And to address the issue of level 5's, those would be some really freaky scary hax-machines of doom, it would probably take every single general, working together as one, at his/her maximum potential, to pose a threat to it, given that the massive jumps in power from level to level are currently rather gigantic.

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CitizenGeek View Post
I see you all are talking about the later chapters of D.Gray-man ... but I'm just going to wade in with my opinion of the first two volumes: they were good, hard to follow and I hope it gets better (I've got vols. 3 and 4 waiting on my shelf to be read); so, does it get better as it progresses?
Volumes 3 and 4 were pretty awesome in my opinion, the plot deepens in both volumes as pivotal points in certain characters' lives are introduced, and yeah, essentially, it gets way better.
Fynal_Fyre is offline   Reply With Quote