View Single Post
Old 2010-12-12, 23:45   Link #963
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGoten View Post
1. The battle system felt weak. I never actually used many of the skills except for reviving and lifting up enemies. It played like a dated and awkward shooter, with no depth to it.
Battle system is completely reworked. Unlimited ammo is gone, and it is rare that you'll exit any battle without using any special powers. The shooting aspects are still a little simple, with strong similarities to other popular shooters, but the ease at using you and your teams powers makes up for any simplicity.

Quote:
2. The inventory and shopping system lacked overview. I didn't even know I could upgrade my equipment until late into the game.
Good news then, there is no inventory system anymore . In fact, for whatever reason, you can't collect any new weapons/armor from your fallen foes, instead only upgrading weapons/armor by finding new ones, finding new upgrades for old weapons, or buying upgrades.

Quote:
3. The driving mechanics were terrible. I've heard that the second game won't have vehicle missions anymore, though.
More good news, no driving . (Unless you download one of the DLCs which is all about acquiring a vehicle...Oh, and there is a fun driving sequence in the must have Shadow Broker DLC).

Quote:
4. The story took a long time to actually get interesting. The first half of the game was pretty boring in that regard.
The action and story start immediately, there is no 5 hours spent on the Citadel wandering around solving (pointless) quests. But, the main focus of the drama is not the main story, but the various character quests you need to accomplish in order to get the best ending.

Quote:
5. This is minor, but all the weapons basically looked the same, just different colors here and there.
Bad news, there are only about 10 weapons in the universe and you can onyl use a few of them (depending on your class choice)...

Quote:
6. Along with the first one my biggest issue was that throughout the whole experience, the game never once was running fluitly for longer than 30 seconds. I played the 360 version and had installed the game, but it just wouldn't let me enjoy walking through the citadel because of that technical flaw.
I encountered no problems on the 360, but I'll tell you if I have any problems when I rent the PS3 version...

Quote:
7. The dialog options often wouldn't acurately display the actual line my character would say after choosing them. This could be due to bad translations though as I was playing the German version.
This is intentional. The dialogue choices are more options rather than verbatim lines.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote