View Single Post
Old 2012-06-16, 02:31   Link #54
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izayoi View Post
I got myself a copy of L.A Noire couple days ago through Steam. The download, install, and everything went well until I met the "Forever Synchronizing" error. While I thought the error could surely be fixed through searching about it on Google/Steam forum, the problem did not resolve even after couple hours. Although my efforts were fruitless, the search alludes me to the source of the problem: Social Club/DRM from Rockstar. In addition, many customers who experienced similar error responded that it could easily be fixed through cracking the software, which I did not attempt to do. It is clear that piracy provides just a much more superior service. Thus, I feel like this experience has serve as punishment and warning for those who obtain their software legitimately. I still have not got a chance to play this game after 5 days of purchase because I do not want to risk installing malware/virus along with the crack.
I ran into this after I ran Max Payne 3 for the first time. Seems the Rockstar Social Club (RSC) in-game overlay wasn't designed too well, especially in comparison to GFWL, which Rockstar previously used in the PC version of GTAIV. Try pressing the "Home" key on your keyboard when RSC prompts you and when "Synchronizing" appears. (See screenshot below for an example)

It's quite silly really, that GFWL might actually be more user-friendly than the current RSC overlay- running a GFWL game for the first time will automatically prompt you to enter your CD key and/or sign-in. Whereas in my previous experience with L.A. Noire and Max Payne 3, you actually have to press the "Home" key when RSC prompts you to permanently link your game to a Social Club account (I haven't run into the issue since the completion of the initial linking process and using "Auto sign-in").

The game should work fine at subsequent launches once you get this sorted, and it shouldn't happen again. You might run into this issue again if you install the game on another computer though, but I'm not sure of that.

N.B. I received a PC version of L.A. Noire thanks to pre-ordering Max Payne 3 via Steam. I've downloaded L.A. Noire, created a Steam backup of it, and ran it once. I don't think I'll play the PC version of L.A. Noire since I already Platnium'd the game on my PS3. I'm also not sure if this is the exact "solution" to the forever "synchronising" (L.A. Noire)/"Initialising" (Max Payne 3) issues that people have been having, but if it is, then Rockstar really need to look at the user-friendliness of the RSC overlay.

Last edited by blaze0041; 2012-06-16 at 02:43.
blaze0041 is offline   Reply With Quote