View Single Post
Old 2014-03-07, 16:46   Link #6
xxanimefan4_ever
Sorri++

BGM always makes a world of difference. You can tell when the people making the anime are putting their all into it if the bgm is also amazing. One example for me is Slayers NEXT. They made songs to be used specifically for certain scenes in the later part of the series. Now that I think about it, this goes with "epic scenes" that the poster above said... BGM was one of the reasons why slayers revolution was a hot mess because they would re-use songs from the old series and it wouldn't match the scene (whether you watched the old series or not), it would remind me of whatever epic scene in slayers next (if they used one of the special songs), the bgm just seeemed too good for the scene (I never had this thought till i watched slayers revolution to be honest). For one of the later episodes they were using all the big songs from slayers next and try i was expecting all the baddies from those seasons to show up lol... because the background music left such a strong impression on me and because the villains in slayers revolution just pale in comparison.