View Single Post
Old 2006-12-13, 16:38   Link #4
Zaris
of Porsche

Send a message via AIM to Zaris Send a message via MSN to Zaris Send a message via Yahoo to Zaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I'll be really impressed if we see "residual effects" of Yuuichi's emotional tragedies documented onscreen. You can't go through that kind of stuff and just slough off to the next sequence. Perhaps a random scene where he visits the hill and remarks "I see why Makoto liked it here." ... you know... something that reflects what he has been through, something that simpler stories often lack: reflection or remembrance.
True. Stuff like this doesn't or shouldn't just get shrugged off overnight. Looking at what we've seen so far, Yuuichi certainly was attached to Makoto. I wouldn't forget someone like her. But I don't know about randomly going back to revisit old memories as the episodes progress. On the one hand, they could very well put an episode or half an episode to recap things that's transpired since the beginning of Kanon plus reveal a few things Yuuichi had thought about since those events but never revealed on screen (if that makes any sense). On the other hand, we could be forced to take literal the statement Yuuichi made in epsiode 10, that his specialty is to stay Yuuichi and not let events hurt him in any way. If we have to accept the latter, I can see this as a double-edged sword in terms of entertainment and character progression.

I'd like to see Yuuichi grow as an individual, but at the same time, I don't want him to mature too quickly because by the time we get through all the girls, there wouldn't be much room left for him to progress. = |