View Single Post
Old 2013-12-30, 14:27   Link #2405
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
It is a given that KyoAni staff has their habits and methods for specific aspects of an anime series (one of them being cute stuff), but it is quite obvious to me that the presentation itself is overwhelming people for no good reason, considering the major genre shift rotation they followed over the last few years: Romance-comedy / slife of life / sport series aimed for women / fantasy.
Control would mean they could produce a complete original series on their own without much restraint, on a regular basis (and I'm still unsure how "completely original" Tamako Market was. I should check again ultimatemegax post).

And until I missed the memo, I don't remember that most big studios could have such privileges. I'm curious of that list.
Tamako Market is fully original. The "original creator" is listed as Kyoto Animation. It's Yamada/Yoshida's ideas turned into a series.

There's two misconceptions going on with "original IPs." Other studios have created original IPs where they get a royalty payment from everything from keychains to video discs, see P.A. Works' trio (and now quartet) of works that are highly praised. The difference between P.A. Works/Sunrise/Shaft/etc and KyoAni is that KyoAni has been contributing more to their newer line-up than the former does. Yes, Madoka earns a lot of money, but Shaft gets 1/4th the royalty payments (or less depending how the Magical Quartet was structured) and is 6th of 6 companies in the production committee, meaning they only get a sliver of the proceeds after Aniplex, Houbunsha, Hakuhodo DY Media Partners, Nitroplus, and Movic get their shares. On the other hand, the committees for CTFK works go:
Kyoto Animation
Pony Canyon
Lantis - Absent for T
TBS/Asahi Broadcasting (for F only)

Only four studios led production committees (Sunrise, Toei, Gonzo) and no other studio funded the most of any member on every single production on the year. There's no other studio doing anything like this; not even Toei/Sunrise do it. It's on a whole different level.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT