View Single Post
Old 2004-06-27, 04:03   Link #129
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radd
I can think of two anime that fit your description. One is Comic Party which I've not seen too much of, but seems to be about a guy getting dragged to an anime convention and really winds up getting into it and trying to make his own manga.

Another, and probably the most famous, is Otaku no Video by Gainax, same studio that created Evangelion, FLCL and others. It's basically a dramatic anime style telling of the history of Gainax itself (which was started by anime fans), as well as a documentary featuring footage and interviews with fans in Japan.
Correction: "Comic Party" is about a guy getting dragged to the world of doujinshi. The whole anime is based on an ero-game based on the same title, which in turn is a parody of the real-life bi-annual Comic Market convention.

Correction2: The supposed "fans" on those recorded videotapes are in actuality, members of GAINAX themselves....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abonimation
Iīve heard of an awesome anime that is supposed to be about anime fans? could any one give me the name of this to-be-great anime about anime fans! Also, if any one have the time, please tell me a little about it, though donīt spoil the whole story! okay?
Can you describe what you are looking for in more distinct detail? There are a lot of anime that fits your description and is too broad to generalize "anime about anime fans." From the top of my head, I can list:

"Nurse Witch Komugi-chan Magi-Karte"
"Abenobashi Mahou Shoutengai"
"Mahou Yuugi"
"Comic Party"
"Otaku no Video"
"Keroro Gunso"
"Excel Saga"
"Puni Puni Poemi"
the upcoming anime "Genshiken"
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote