View Single Post
Old 2012-05-21, 04:31   Link #55
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangamuscle View Post
The "they started it so we have the right can kill three thousand people in retaliation for "kidnapping" two people" is childish at best. Those two soldiers were on enemy terriory and became POW, as simple as that; israel would have done the same thing. or are you telling me that if two lebanese soldiers were aprehended in Israel's territory then Lebanon has the right to kill 3000 Israelis?
Please don't put words in my mouth. I never said Israel had to right to kill 3000 people in retaliation. I'm simply pointing out that it was Hezbollah that was belligerent. And the two soldiers were not on enemy territory. It was a cross border attack.

Quote:
Are you seriously saying that just because they say they endorse said resolution they are fullfiling it? That is like eating a big mac while saying you are not disregarding your diet because you accept eating fast food is the cause of obesity.
No. I'm seriously saying that Israel have not disobeyed any UN resolutions to retreat just because they haven't retreated yet.

The reasons why I believe Israel is for the two state solution are based on their actions: They withdrew from Gaza, they established the Palestinian National Authority and Police, and negotiated for a retreat in the 2000 Camp David summit and the follow up Taba summit. I'm not inclined to believe in conspiracy theories so whilst I do believe that Netanyahu has tried to stall things, I don't believe that Israel doesn't believe in the two state solution and I certainly don't believe in any conspiracy theories that Israel is trying to take over everything.

Quote:
Whether the Sheeba farms belong to Lebanon or Syria or Palestine is irrelevant. The works of politicians is to make even the most simple of taks unclear, difficult and slow and that is why you keep hearing that this is a delicate and complicated affair. I am more of a technocrat and see no real dificulty in returning said territories, everything else are mere excuses.
Hezbollah can't claim to be fighting against Israel for territory that isn't theirs so yeah, I think it's kinda relevant if we plan to stick to the subject of Hezbollah instead of just switching the subject to how bad the Israelis are.

Quote:
I am glad you ask It has been said ad nauseum that the reason for invading Iran is because they support terrorist organizations (which nowadays in the public mind invokes images of alqaeda and 9/11). While it is true that Iran does support said organizations, nowadays they limit their radius of operations to palestine/israel, an attack from Hezbollah/Hamas on US soils is as posible as an attack from the ERI or ETA. I conclusion, invading Iran as a preemptive attack is a lie no different from the WMD excuse used to invade Iraq.
Fine but I'm not even making that point. I'm just saying that it's Iran that's been belligerent towards Israel first.

Quote:
Why is this relevant? Actions and not words make the world go round.

When israel closes the gaza border as they see fit, no foreign aid can go thru so normal aid becomes futile. Before you tell me that Hezbollah does not operate in gaza let me tell you that hamas do operates there and there are another of the organizations that receive financial aid from Iran.
But this does not justify Iran supporting Hezbollah, nor does it justify Iran supplying arms to Hamas.

Quote:
Probably the only thing both the Israel and the Palestine goverment agree on is on the status quo "Oh, now be honest, Captain, warrior to warrior. You do prefer it this way, don't you, as it was meant to be? No peace in our time.". But that does not make one side virtuoso and the other side wicked.

Come again, stop Iran from what specifically?
Stop Iran from hating Israel.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote