View Single Post
Old 2012-06-08, 19:41   Link #1045
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
That's a little inaccurate, because people do see the objects she carries, and at times her figure itself. You make it sound like no one makes a fuss about the things she does, when in fact people do multiple times.
This is getting more and more off the mark as we discuss it. I seem to remember actually asking questions specifically regarding chopsticks and an omlette which Momoe could not see.

Quote:
A false analogy. The old or pregnant is in need and have not done anything. In your scenario this person in need of a seat is likely a stranger you don't see often, if at all. On the other hand, Yuuko sees the students every single day, and is either ignored or looked at with horror.
Yuuko does not "know" these students, either, but does that mean that she has to be inconsiderate towards them? Not very good human nature, but, then again, she's not human anymore, so I guess it's alright if she's a complete jerk.

Quote:
I'm fairly sure Kirie was hostile towards Yuuko for an extended period of time until Teiichi won her over. Hell, she may be part of cause to why Yuuko has had no companions until now if Teiichi isn't the first person Kirie tried to scare away.
I think it is more likely that Yuuko hasn't had any companions until idiot boy came along because she's a spoiled, inconsiderate, selfish, and snotty brat. After all, Kirie's only been going to that school for, what, a year or two? What about all the other 50 years or so that Yuuko couldn't get along with anyone? Who's fault would that be? Surely you must be joking if you're suggesting that's Kirie's fault.

Quote:
Second, Yuuko pushing Teiichi down the stairs was under the influence of Shadow Yuuko.
You talk like Shadow Yuuko and non-Shadow Yuuko are not one and the same being.

Quote:
Teiichi also has more than just praise for Yuuko. Even he has problems with her flirtiness at times. If you haven't noticed, he is the one who pushes Yuuko to help others. Had it not been for him, the blonde Yuuko would have been killed in the Akahito-san scare.
Yes, idiot boy had to force Yuuko into action since she couldn't care less about anyone other than him. They could all go rot in hell as far as she's concerned. How sweet of her.

Quote:
As for Momoe, her enthusiasm towards the supernatural can be as annoying as Yuuko's enthusiasm towards Teiichi when she pulls people along without caring about whether they want any part in it or not. The anime just made her more sympathetic by giving her an interest in Teiichi when she just runs all over the place. I never took her character seriously, but if you want to charge the slapstick as unjustified violence, then I'll give you that.
At least Momoe has the common courtesy to not come bursting into the classroom and hounding idiot boy during the middle of a test. At least, not yet.
FredFriendly is offline   Reply With Quote