Thread: World of Tanks
View Single Post
Old 2013-05-06, 19:35   Link #5987
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Myssa [do you prefer Myssa or Teru?]: I don't have a specific time. I actually went online yesterday again because I figured you'd need a derp platoonmate by that time (and I was right ).

Note though that those are late night/early morning times for people on Pacific Time, so it's a little harder to do for working weekdays.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
They do get praise, but that's when they manage to kill several enemies in TD mode when in a pinch.
I do praise arty from time to time when they do something good, like aiming for the enemies that matter and help take down top tier heavies in a crucial brawl, or when we coordinate and do something awesome.

Those are times when I appreciated strategic fire support which helped my undergunned medium challenge the heavies. It was tactical play -- i.e. skill. In that role, arty is a very effective equalizer -- otherwise the nerf-proof KV-1S cowards will just win every damned game [frankly, I think I'll quit TC at this point; no, I don't like what my dear E8 is being put through], and non-Chaffee, non-autoloader scouts will be rendered completely useless except for bush-camping at Campinovka.

Random single shot bombardments of doom are not nearly so elegant. Nor are the RNG hells arty players are put through.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote