View Single Post
Old 2007-03-22, 22:50   Link #151
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by suguru View Post
It must be a rule that any slice-of-life anime about girls has a character that doesn't look even remotely fat but thinks she's overweight anyway...in Lucky Star looks like it's Kagami. Is going on a diet moe?
Hahaha anime girls being fat, that's too funny. Plumpness is reserved for older and by that I mean much older female characters usually. You know the jolly and wise older woman who usually pops up to give advice to somebody and is very kind to everyone who comes her way. It's almost a rule that females in anime are by default perfect bodywise by the authors definition of perfection. Slim and big busted for the older girls with provactive clothing, or very slim and flat chested for younger loli girls also with the possibility of provactive clothing or Gothic Lolita. Anyway thats my two cents, its appealing to the eyes, but about as realistically achievable as the rail-thin supermodel look is.

I'm hoping Kyoto doesn't try to bury me with moe again, every time somebody suggests a Moe overdose I cry a little, I can really only take so much and the market is more than a bit saturated with it right now. Comedy is perfect though as I've been short on the laughs lately and The Daily Show has been my saviour over the past 6 or so months. Funny Moe rather than Moe for the sake of Moe would be very uplifting right now AND in reasonable and restrained doses. My impression was that this was supposed to be a clever and witty look at otaku girls wasting their time doing things like playing games and chilling out, trying to make it through school life and then growing up. If this turns out to be another Manabi Straight I can't say I'll be finishing it.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote