View Single Post
Old 2012-03-20, 13:50   Link #82
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Like most here I feel the potential of GC was squandered as i have mentioned before. GC did so many things right but in turn those good things were overshadowed the amount of bad things they did wrong such (proper characterization) But i will admit GC has 2 things i have not seen in a while.

1. The ability to stir the imagination in terms of speculation we have some great discussion in the speculation/Spoiler thread and i enjoyed reading everyones comments. Its obvious that GC was able to touch viewers heart to a certain extent but it only touched viewers hearts, because of poor execution on several fronts it was not able to penetrate viewers hearts, something that if they were able to do could have elevated this series well into the top 100 animes on my list. Its a shame really i still had fun viewing but seeing so much wasted potential watching it sometimes became painful.

2. GC arguably has one of the best freakin soundtracks i have heard in at least 2 years. The music of the series was able to touch me at my core more than the characters and the series as a whole has. Careful selection of tracks for certain scenes were spot on and had me cracking my 5.1 surround in my room so much that my roommates complained. If only the writers and director were as spot on with the rest of the series as they were with the OST. I have been rocking out to the soundtrack in my car for the past 2 weeks on repeat lol.

Unfortunately i will be on a business trip starting on Thursday so i will not get a chance to view the next episode till Monday which pretty much sucks.