View Single Post
Old 2011-04-30, 01:39   Link #585
Tu101uk
~ Episode of Side A ~

In regards to Jinta's mum, I believe she died after Menma? In the first episode, we're shown that he ran into his dad, who said "I'm just popping out to see your mother...", after his bustup with Menma. I assume he meant he was going to see her at the hospital (though it could mean he was gonna go and visit her grave).

If so, it's perfectly understandable that he acted that way towards his mother, having experienced the death of a loved one already. In fact, it doesn't matter who died first, as the death of one would only have been compounded by the death of the other, and either way Jinta would have receded even further into trauma and depression.

Quote:
Originally Posted by physics223 View Post
First, I intend no offense whatsoever, but most of those posts seem to be re-tellings and reiterations of essentially the same things. I don't really think of that as discussion, but people's mileage may vary. Not many people 'discussed' Tatami Galaxy but because of the quality of the posts (different people exploring and examining different aspects of the series, for example), there was little repetition and there was a lot more discussion, at least for me.

A recapitulation of the last few pages, for example, will present
  • disgust on Yukiatsu's actions or the insinuations as regards his character
  • Jinta's emotions toward his mother and his debility due to the catastrophes in life
  • a bit on Tsuruko and her personality

That's all right with me, but the depth of this series is found in its characters, not in its intellectual piquancy. There's really little discussion as to what happened per se, because it's not the focus. There's a lot to talk about, however, regarding the emotions and feelings of the characters.

I hope you guys get what I mean.
Yeah, that's understandable. It's mainly been a lot of people agreeing with each other and coming up with similar conclusions. That's not really a bad thing, everyone being on a similar level of understanding... :3 Though methinks we're getting a bit of repetition because some of us (me included) haven't been able to express clearly what we really want to say about the series and its emotion-provoking characters...

O-O~

~ Current Season Favourites... :: Ano Natsu de Matteru / Papa no Iukoto wo Kikinasai! / Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou ~

Last edited by Tu101uk; 2011-04-30 at 01:54.
Tu101uk is offline   Reply With Quote