View Single Post
Old 2012-07-27, 09:28   Link #20
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Project Diva is quite awkward to localize though.
It is basically what stops a huge majority of game to be released without an english dub: there is no way they would appeal a large customer base without any "english" versions of every songs they have, even though vocaloid engine is far from being suitable for English output (well, one can argue incoming append versions and all are possible, but current Miku, Kagamine siblings and Luka to some extent aren't really any good).

Even if you expect those who buy the game to be somewhat deep in anime stuff, in general sense, it is really not something that would encourage a developer to localize a game as niche as this one, even if some companies managed to sell titles that are even more risque (Nisa to name one among others).
And considering Sega financial situation being a complete wreck, I don't think they will take such advent any time soon.
I doubt is too awkward to localize. This is music game. While it is nice to have English version to understand the music. i don't think it stops anyone to enjoy music, even if they don't understand it. Sega can provide subtitle anyway.

i doubt translation cost of Diva F is expansive. They can easily cover even if thousand is been sold. Assuming it been sold digitally to ignore retail cost (and sega situation is not that bad)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayos View Post
Tekken main series is (or was) exclusive to the Playstation.
Demon soul also PS3 exclusives

anyway song complication and yukata costume from winning contest

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/inte...n-promo-posted

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote