View Single Post
Old 2012-09-27, 00:21   Link #54
Hiking_Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
yes he was. he had told kisame, itachi, nagato and konan at that time that he was madara. although of those 4, kisame was not aware that tobi was the same masked man he was introduced to before. but itachi, nagato and konan just went along with the 'tobi' shtick
In other words, he was being Tobi at the time, not Madara. What matters is that, to the audience, he was most certainly Tobi. Only later did he impersonate Madara. And that's kind of beside the point, because who says he can't impersonate Madara with short hair? How many readers held onto the belief that he was "Old Madara" beneath that mask despite the short hair?

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
other ninja dont seem to have a problem keeping their hair perfectly cut. so why is obito growing his out right now?
That's not true. Kishi changed the style of his characters post time skip. Not just hair, but clothing as well. Not everything about a character's design must remain constant. Change in clothing or hair can reflect growth, maturation, or simply a different time period.

Tobi changed his hairstyle. But should we ignore the fact that he also changed his clothes and mask? When Tobi switched from the Spiral mask to the Sharinnegan mask, was it logical to conclude that there was a different person behind each of those masks? If it's one person per hairstyle, doesn't it follow that it's one person per mask as well?

Sorry. I do not understand this fixation with Tobi's hair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
And if white Zetsu can be worn by anybody, then maybe black Zetsu is also a normal Shinobi. Maybe someone we already met before.
I'm not sure if Black Zetsu is a normal shinobi. He can be separated from his white half without dying. He also has plant abilities and can travel through the ground. I think Black Zetsu might just be another artificial mazou-being with twist.

In the translation I read, it seems that there is a third Zetsu that located Rin and Kakashi. Could they be talking about Black Zetsu?

Last edited by Hiking_Bear; 2012-09-27 at 00:47.
Hiking_Bear is offline   Reply With Quote