View Single Post
Old 2013-01-06, 18:24   Link #28572
FalsePrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appel View Post
The problem with X is that it did get it's chance with a HG Gundam X and while it was a decent model it still didn't sell well to my knowledge.
So while a MG X would definitely be awesome it's chances of being released look rather bad right now. Afterall Bandai often uses the HG kits as a benchmark plattform of sorts to determine the overall interest for a certain model.
The western markets might have a higher demand for a MG X/X Devider or even a MG DX but since they don't really actively sell their kits here they don't really care about us.

On the other hand this makes me wonder why we haven't seen a MG V2 yet. Maybe they just didn't know yet how to include all of it's different incarnations in one pack? You know, the Assault, the Buster and the Assault Buster?
However! They recently released the Duel Assault Shroud and did it really well there with all the extra pieces for the actual assault shroud.
They also recently released the AGE-2 Dark Hound which has a visor that can be popped down on one eye, similar to the V2's heat sensor!
Maybe I'm crazy or just too tired to think properly at this point, but to me this almost looks like they could just take what they learned from those two kits to make a great MG V2!
I'm aware of X's sales issues, and have mentioned them several times myself in this very thread. My point was only that X's suffering isn't unique on any front. So a MG X/DX could come down the line given we are still getting AGE MG's and everything we've seen has painted the sales of AGE line in genearl in a bad light.

As far as V2 goes, I haven't the slightest clue. Until AGE perfomace Victory was only above X as it did quite poorly as well, and we never did see or hear about how the MG performed. I do expect decently given it was a Ver Ka and they later released the Core Booster pack, however it may not have done well enough to be worth a V2.

That said V2 has been getting a decent amount of love and they even had him as one of the cover stars of stuff like Extreme Vs so maybe one day we will get him along side Zero TV, X and DX to finish off the 90's lead in MG.
FalsePrime is offline   Reply With Quote