View Single Post
Old 2008-10-11, 23:24   Link #287
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Location: A land far, far away... or very, very close, depends on where you live
Alright, so recent events have introduced to us the last of the unknown Shichibukai in the form of Boa Hancock.

Now that my thoughts are clearer: First thought, I'm excited to see our first and thus far only female shichibukai(though recent events could alter things in several ways).

Her devil fruit power(at least it would seem as such)... it took me a while to get the inside joke of it, but I was rolling after those two minutes of deduction. From the minute she made her first appearance kicking a sleeping kitten, I knew we had someone interesting on our hands.

I do see some parallels between this arc and Skypiea in terms of the main villain; a near deified individual with supporting near god-like powers and speculations who is utterly floored when faced with a resistence to said "strength." Thus far, we've yet to see Hancock really display anything beyond her abilities other then the "pistol kiss" maneuver.

This gets me thinking of a possible path for her character. See, if Amazon Lily is a place where "strength is beauty" and yet she seems to have an opposing viewpoint, her beauty being her greatest strength in every sense of the concept. The fact that she has a "dark and mysterious secret" also leads me to question; is she truly a native of this island? And if she is, where or who helped develop this rather odd mindset given her "birthplace?"

At some point towards the end of Thriller Bark, someone made mention of Hancock in comparing her beauty to that of a mermaid. Maybe there was some kind of hidden connection there? Think about it, if she has some familiarity with mermaids and fishman island, she could become quite the major element in the Strawhats voyage. It's also a possible explanation for the... "whatever" on her back.

Thoughts?

Last edited by BlackNhite; 2008-10-20 at 08:06. Reason: Thoughts Reorganized!
BlackNhite is offline   Reply With Quote