View Single Post
Old 2009-09-29, 15:49   Link #33
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolf777 View Post
Luffy fighting Smoker and being unable to hit him, only to be saved by Hancock makes me think that the prediction made a while ago about this arc (I think it was either james0246's prediction or marvelB's) that Luffy would finally defeat a Logia user, namely Commodore Smoker, without some gimmick/weakness, is a correct one. I think that Luffy will in the course of the battle realize his Haki and strike Smoker with it, finally being able to hit him and probably defeat him.

Now, as for another prediction that's been circulating, I'm starting to be more in favor of it. It makes sense to me, and that's that Hancock will join the Straw Hats. The whole love sickness thing and being unable to stay in Amazon Lily without dying, with the only cure being following her love makes it seem inevitable. And the fact that she's seemingly willing to give up her Shichibukai status for Luffy only further drives the point home. If she were to lose her status, she couldn't go home, cuz then she would die, so logically, she'd have nowhere to go BUT with Luffy....... I'm enticed to see how it does turn out.

PS: I think it's a nice touch that Oda is making Jinbei into a beast via his pwnage of Moria. There might have been doubts about how strong he was considering he doesn't have any special/Devil fruit powers, but I think there's no question now. Sweet. He gets a big thumbs up from me.

Yep I agree, it's a propable scenario and it would be really great and funny to have Hancock in the crew

About Smoker, well I think he can do many think with his power. I mean maybe he can make his smoke as hard as a rock or something like that