Thread: Licensed The Breaker
View Single Post
Old 2012-05-20, 05:25   Link #2096
Azure-Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
He's won one maybe two fights if you count in the bully douche awhile back. The one most recent he fainted like a girl who caught the bouquet thrown at a wedding right afterwards. The bully douche fight is the only that he remained awake afterwards. That's for this part and part one included. Every other time he becomes a human meat bag that looks a truck ran over several times. I wouldn't call that a glowing endorsement of him being a bad ass. At being a Rocky Balboa impersonator, sure he's got that nailed down pat. However don't get me wrong, I want to see him a bad ass. It's just not happening in what you'd call a timely manner considering how far we've come chapter wise i.e 144 if IIRC...
Actually, he's been quite "realistic" since the "reset."

The fight outcomes have been a mixed bag.

While he loses most fights where he is outgunned or outnumbered, he HAS pulled off surprising victories when he can actually implement a strategy.

Victory 1.

A 300 lb thug who launches himself into the air and clobbers people by landing on them belly first.

Victory 2.

Goon Jung, the bully who turned him into paste most of season 1, and was only beaten at the end when Shinoo finally got his martial arts. In Season 2, he "suddenly" got martial arts which mirror Shioon's, and only now do we know why.

Victory 3.

"Goth Chain girl." While he didn't decisively defeat her, he DID manage to rescue Jinny and get away alive. That counts for something.

Victory 4.

"Cool Guy." Shioon beat a MASTER CLASS opponent there by using his opponent's own arrogance against him.

Overall, Shioon's skills can't be blamed, it's his naivete and "stupidly honest" innocence that's getting him in trouble more than the "broken Ki center."

BTW, Shioon is NOT proud of himself in any way, and anyone who says that he is, obviously HASN'T BEEN READING THE STORY. Shioon WAS depressed because he blames himself for what happened to his mother, and being taken hostage by a MASTER CLASS opponent before the Sun Woo clan.

Now he's angry, not only because he was betrayed by this "doctor," but because the SUC have betrayed the "code of honor" of this entire "Mafia" society embraces.

Oh there WILL be payback. Just wait for it.
Azure-Priest is offline   Reply With Quote