View Single Post
Old 2012-09-15, 07:59   Link #1219
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

For the curing of her trauma, the way I see it will probably have some sort of resolution whether it ends with Yuuki deciding that he really loves her too is something else altogether. Which is why I can see them going for Satsuki instead i think it will be obvious if this is the case after watching next weeks episode.

I think its kind of unfair to say that it would feel rushed and unbelievable to possibly show her getting cured within within the last 2 episodes simply because when watching anime or the majority of entertainment media somethings just happen and you need to take them at face value, if you really hate the way it was done might as well not watch it in the first place.

From the why things were changed regarding Chisato's character compared to the game where she was worse, for me I think it was a attempt to show that she is not as emotionally dependent thus making whatever resolution they come up with more believable.

On her behavior this episode I think the way she has been coping with her trauma seems relatively simple to overcome by anime standards where magic dust can work. She suppresses the memories of Daiki's accident, which is what most people do in real life, its easier not to think about it, and having to relive the experience is a terrible thing for her and would have put her in shock leading to the clingy behavior. The chocolate ritual was her way to relieve her guilt, and it also reassures her of Yuuki/Daiki's presence in her life which is why we see the reaction at childhood and again why she uses it in the bathroom scene. Its a form of reassurance. In fact most of the trauma is tied down to the little ritual of chocolate therefore removing it a big step in overcoming that trauma as it serves as a link to her past. So for me for her to even try to eat the chocolate in the scene shows that she really wants to overcome that barrier between them and see him as Yuuki rather than Daiki.

Also I think her problem as intended by the writers was to be based around the whole chocolate thing which is why it was so heavily emphasized by the episode. By anime terms its more believable for any healing to be done if its rooted within something arbitrary as a ritual.

Satsuki really won points from the little scene in the club.

Last edited by BladeEntity; 2012-09-15 at 09:24.
BladeEntity is offline   Reply With Quote