Thread: Licensed Kokoro Connect [anime]
View Single Post
Old 2012-10-01, 17:07   Link #2332
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimi-Senpai View Post
I'm aware that Shinbo is not credit for Character Design . What I was mentioning was the "directing" of the series. And your last paragraph is what I'm trying to point out.
But he isn't an assistant director in Silver Link at all. The person who is currently the head of Silver Link and Chief Director of this show (Shin Oonuma) used to work at Shaft, where Shinbo is still the chief director. But, as far as this show is concerned, there is no link other than "some of the staff used to work together a long time ago". I think you just got your personnel a bit mixed up. This is actually the first show in the Director's chair for Shinya Kawamo, even though Oonuma is still credited as "Chief Director" (which is more of a supervisory role).

A lot of your other comments (6 episodes per novel, animation on par with Haruhi, etc.) would depend on this show getting a massive budget, and I think that's a bit unrealistic. This genre of human drama fills a useful niche, but doesn't really have a very good history in terms of sales. I mean, sure it'd be nice if every show could get that sort of budget, but the market has to be there to support it.