View Single Post
Old 2008-06-23, 14:43   Link #1289
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
Except you don't even have to be trying to keep the titanic from sinking. You could just try to be seen by somebody, and be quite obviously not a normal person.

Lets use a better example. According to this theory of time travel, I am physically unable to take 25 of my friends in chicken suits, walk to the current day Dealey plaza on the street where JFK was assassinated, and then travel back to 30 seconds before the assassination. We don't even need to try to stop the assassination, just show up.

There is no rational explanation as to how 25 men in chicken suits appearing in the middle of the road could lead to the JFK assassination happening as it historically did. Their mere presence will create a paradox.

The Universe has to do some very overt things to prevent my 25 chicken suited friends from doing this. Like breaking my time machine every time I try to do this.
Which is exactly what would happen. Either that or you'd all be killed before you could interfere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
I can see this happening if there is a 4chan in the future that has a time machine. They'd do it for the lulz.
Hopefully that never happens.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote