View Single Post
Old 2009-04-02, 14:11   Link #46
Jimmy C

Quote:
Originally Posted by izmolnar View Post
The very first killing aka the Dismemberment of the Dam supervisor
As far as I remember it happened because the workers went nuts, supposedly because of all the hate and resentment from the opposing residents caused the syndrome to escalate. But they opposed here too! So why didn't the first murder happened here?
The impression I get from the episode was that opposition to the Dam Project was weak and defused early. As a result, hate and resentment didn't build up to the point of driving the dam construction workers beserk. So no murder.

Quote:
Because Hinamizawa going to be a lake next year, K1's family probably moved to a different peaceful town,
It's actually more than that from what I've heard. But we don't know if it will be mentioned in the next episode, so let's not talk about it now. You can find some of the details in other discussions here. The common theme within Reina and Satoko's backgrounds should be enough of a clue.

Quote:
The proof that Dr. Takano was interested in the syndrom here on that world too, is how he founded/had some relation with the people who founded the clinic, as they/he named it after him. By that logic if the syndrom wouldn't exist in that world, he probably wouldn't have been that interested to scientifically research a completely normal small town.
I'd speculate that, without Miyo around, Mifumi spent the last of his resources to establish the clinic as a cover for limited personal research after his backers walked out on him. It looks like he didn't manage much progress before dying and his research died with him.