View Single Post
Old 2004-11-15, 14:59   Link #18
Tron Bonne
Rockman Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShurikenJay
I agree with what you are saying about everything except Naruto's past not deserving sympathy. Can you imagine everyone, everyone you know hating you or thinking lowly of you since the day you were born? Having no clue why every other glance at you is done with cold eyes? Sure Iruka tried to be nice to Naruto. Hinata had a secret crush on him. But at best the children didn't hate him, the majority just didn't like him and never played with him. He tried to be a class clown as a defense mechanism and the laughter was the closet thing he got to frienship until after graduation. Sasuke on the other hand was praised and well like which at best was bitter sweet because the people who he really cared for and desired praise from were dead, so its understandable for Sasuke to walk around being oogled by girls and admired by boys yet not give a damn. But Naruto too lived a sad an hurtful existence. Like Kakashi said he probably cried himself to sleep everytime he went to the playground and never made a friend. He probably laughed fake laughs until his lungs were to exhausted and had to create his own fun. I wouldn't want either one of these lonely lives but they both deserve some sympathy. You are anyone else wouldn't want Naruto or Sasuke's childhood.
I said I have a hard time, not that I can't. Naruto's past is sad, but at least it only would affect me. I can bear that kind of pain, but to have to watch my loved ones be killed cold bloodedly, that I could not live with. I can't see how you can compare the two myself, it hurts to lose someone, it hurts far more than to have to suffer yourself, at least for me. I would rather be alone forever than watch a loved one die, it's selfish to think otherwise. Naruto could have done something to save himself, he chose not to, he chose the easy way. Sasuke had no way to stop what happened, he couldn't have beat Itachi, he was a victem by force not by choice. There is the difference between the two.
Tron Bonne is offline   Reply With Quote