View Single Post
Old 2011-10-16, 20:13   Link #27
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Like a lot of people have pointed out, Bleach is a really character-driven story. Even if it's weak on plot, it still has many characters with appeal and potential. The later arcs are skimpy on character development compared to the earlier ones, but the prospect of seeing the characters that drew you into the manga is enough to keep reading every week. That and the easy accessibility.

The members of the Gotei 13 are definitely are the cornerstone for me though. Even though Ichigo, Chad, Orihime and Ishida are the main characters, they just aren't that interesting on their own. If there were ever a point where it was clear that Rukia, the Captains and VC's were absolutely gone for good I think that'd be it for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007
and I think he has enough mystery for it all too (he seems like a mysterious guy at least). He's from Mexico...and HM seemed to be spanish themed, maybe something like his bloodline has deep roots in the business?
It's more likely the Spanish theme for HM is loosely based off the Mexican Day of The Dead holiday than a specific connection to Chad. Of course, I can't really think of a reason why Chad was given Mexican heritage (other than a flimsy explanation as to why thugs would target a super-ripped giant), so maybe there could be a link there.