Thread: Licensed Bokurano
View Single Post
Old 2007-07-05, 17:45   Link #633
Iriliane

Okay episode 13... It was good and the deviation from the manga looks interesting but (and I'm sure people are tired of me complaining about this) the changes to Maki's battle from the manga make Zearth a relatively boring mecha compared to the manga version (I realize I shouldn't be comparing them and yes I also realize the battles aren't the focus of the show but nonetheless...).

So far whenever we see Zearth fight all it does is swing it's arms at the enemies until they die. Every time there has been a battle that would require any degree of additional effort in animating Zearth (Moji's blender and Maki's switches in Zearth's composition most notably) the battle is either simplified (Maki pinning the helicopter enemy with Zearth's broken arm) or outright changed (The twin enemies Moji fights). This isn't to say the anime version of events is bad, in fact I quite enjoyed those two battles. It's just that GONZO doesn't seem to be willing to put much budget into this tittle.

Regardless, I'm still enjoying the adaptation and look forward to seeing where this latest change brings us. Also since we're going into Kirie's arc now I'm really hoping that we'll actually get to see him fight this time.
Iriliane is offline   Reply With Quote