View Single Post
Old 2010-05-16, 08:32   Link #142
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Just a tiny peeve: I'm watching the Formula One Monaco Grand Prix live at this very moment and, I must say, if Americans think Indy cars are anything like the F1 machines, they are so seriously mistaken. F1 cars don't even remotely sound so throaty — they're more like a pack of screaming banshees instead.

Other than tiny stuff like that, Iron Man 2 is a highly serviceable film that delivers all the right thrills and spills. Mickey Rourke is fabulous as Whiplash, and Robert Downey Jr is born to be Tony Stark. I am pleasantly surprised by Scarlet Johansson's turn as the Black Widow — she really lived up to her name "scarlet" in this role.

And Gwyneth Paltrow, well, she didn't really have to act much, being more of a flower vase for the show. But, heck, with a vase so ethereally beautiful, who cares?

The story is cliched and more than a bit contrived in various places, but that's something to be expected of a summer, comic-book-based, blockbuster.

Good fun. I can't really say if it's better or worse than the first movie. To me, they are both just as good.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote