View Single Post
Old 2009-06-04, 12:11   Link #33
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post
Humm Beautiful person have amybe some advantage in life but I think there is some disadvanatge too. I mean when you're beautiful, you're the center of attention and if you're someone who don't like being the center of this attention, it's really annoying. People always flirt with you etc...So even if there is some advantage, there is some disadavantage too.

Personnaly, I'm not someone who judge other people on their appearance but I will not deny that I prefer good looking people over bad looking one and I think it's the same for everyone. I think it's important to take care of himself and the most important thing is that you're alright with yourself
That is quite the contradiction, don't you think? Judging and prefer usually go as a package, so it is either a or it is b.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post
It also a matter of norms and stereotypes around you where you live. There are some beautiful people in Slovakia and France, but not all are like the stereotypes I often hear about them.

If the people around you tend to think that for example a good looking person does this and that, likes this and that, acts like this and like that ; then if you don't fit this stereotype, it can really get annoying for you.

It's not only the view of "boys towards girl" and vice versa. If for example, a beautiful boy/girl is not interested in becoming a model, you will see some people of the same gender saying "That's a waste, if I was him/her I will take advantage of my appearance".. As If it was a given that if you look good, you have to do this and that accordingly to your appearance.

There are also some other problems. Like the fact, that "if the person cares about that", he/she can wonder if people like/love him/her because of his/her physical appearance (I guess you did met at least once a person who claims "look! I date this boy/girl! I am so lucky hahaha." as if that boy/girl was a trophy) or also for the rest.

I don't say that the beautiful girls and boys have a lot of disadvantages, but if you don't fit the clichés, you can face some.
Hmmm, i think you are confusing stereotyping with people thinking of highly of you. And if you do not meet those high standards, then it can get annoying for someone and put him on a place, where he might not want to be. But this does not apply much to physical apperanace. It applies more to qualites and charisma one has.
Let's be honest, a lot of people are still divided. We stick to these rigid circles of friends based on sports we play or hobbies we like or how attractive or unattractive we are. When's that gonna change? Probably never. That's human nature. People stick to their own kind. But if it is "so hard" for someone, then they should change it. And they will not get excluded or being labeled as something weird or of that sort.

Last edited by Lolipopo; 2009-06-04 at 12:21.