View Single Post
Old 2010-02-22, 18:47   Link #47
Airman8
Helvetica Standard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
My shot-in-the-dark prediction...

There will either be a new Haruhi anime season by Winter 2011, or one Haruhi movie per year (until the source material is caught up to/exhausted) if that's the route Kadokawa/KyoAni decides to go.

Just a slightly educated guess on my part.
Hmm, this is an interesting speculation. I think book 7 certainly could be made into a movie-

Spoiler for w00t:

As for the rest of the material:

Books 9 and 10 would have to be handled very delicately by the studio to make a good movie out of it, but the payoff could be huge. It's a very interesting sci-fi premise and would continue the Haruhi franchise's tradition of presenting non-linear stories and challenging anime genre conventions. On that note, I could see 9 and 10 being awkward in an episodic format, and possibly leading fans to accuse Kadokawa of more E8 trickery. A movie format with the higher budget would help that story a lot.

The rest of the material doesn't seem cohesive enough in my mind to make into another movie or to run as a season all on its own, soooo what could they do? Exactly what they did with BLR, E8 and Sighs: Run it as a sort of 'bonus' mini-season to keep up the hype for the franchise, provide the necessary backstory to compliment the upcoming movies (ie. Melancholy of Asahina Mikuru pre-book 7 the way BLR and E8 did for Disappearance), and handle the less adaptable works in a format that lets them stand on their own and take up a meaningful spot in the narrative.

Also, great avatar. Too bad about Canada's performance against the US. D:

Last edited by Airman8; 2010-02-22 at 18:48. Reason: spelling