View Single Post
Old 2011-05-13, 06:40   Link #385
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murasaki View Post
And ME 1 also beats ME 2 in this kind of competition. In ME 1 we had real diversity of locations, I won't name them because there are too many, whereas in ME 2 the only significant places I remember are Collector's ship/base and the geth station and maybe the tropics during Jacob's quest. Everything else was just warehouses,offices and open fields with many covers.
I don't know about "diversity of locations" being ME1's strong point. Sure there were many planets, but most of them were poorly made open fields like ones you'd see in an amateur map editor, not to mention that many of the facilities on those planets were copypasted versions of 1 of 5 types of interior design space (Cave type, Standard Two Way Science Space, a Two Story Habitat Space, a prison space, and a cargo vessel space) with the only difference being the way the crates were arranged. In ME1, the only places with significant differences in layout were the primary mission planets (Eden Prime, Virmire, Ilos, Feros, Noveria and Therum) and the Citadel.

ME2 meanwhile had all the maps you visit be unique in layout - no two maps including the sidequests in ME2 were the same in terms of object placement, terrain layout, elevation etc. In terms of locational diversity, ME2 still wins over ME1 objectively speaking.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote