Thread: Licensed Shiki
View Single Post
Old 2011-08-13, 05:56   Link #2175
Soliloquy
絶対領域に嵌り過ぎた。

After finishing the series, I'm very confident in saying for me this was the best series about vampires, or I may go as bold to say this was the best one for me in all medium that portrayed vampires. It was a bit slow in the beginning but it paid off with the ending almost spectacular beside the few complaints, it was still an appropriate conclusion. It took its time to build the plot and never rushing anything. Its execution is one of the better I've seen in the anime. It was very moving and poignant in many scenes, it makes me think.

Even in the process of watching it, I was eagerly waiting for that bloody end for shiki. I found a lot of them irritating, overindulgent and disrespectful. Here they just come to small town and do what they please, stomping the rules and regulations of the town. That's why I probably found the ending satisfying if not brutal but most shiki had it coming. The villagers not realising they were slowly being killed by vampires, I thought was natural when they are just small town folks not interested in superstitions.
Soliloquy is offline   Reply With Quote