View Single Post
Old 2013-06-21, 16:02   Link #1889
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajura View Post
I'm sorry but I must disagree with the both of you.

I am all about good conservative morals, and the fact that there hasn't been that issue even arise, that will allow you to picture what you want.

However, it allows me to see Holo in a more dignified light and Lawrence as a gentleman.

Sure, there is a lot of tension and I'm sure that Lawrence has chewed the side rails of his cart in anguish at night a few times, but it makes the tender and romantic moments that much better.
And, to not give them credit for self-control is a disservice... some people might give in... probably not them.

And, seeing my wolfu portrayed in a dignified way is important to me... it makes her that much cuter and amazing... but then again that is just my opinion.
Heh, I guess I just don't see anything undignified about the idea. I don't really object to the cuddly celibacy, it just means we have to assume the era had some pretty strict notions on the idea. Canterbury Tales danced around the idea .. as Lawrence himself says, Horo's ruse as a pilgrim "nun" lets them retain a respectable air particularly to the churchies in the towns they encounter.

Part of it is purely cultural .. or at least j-pop cultural -- the notion that the confession or the sexual encounter is the end of the story/game. I think that's balderdash but it is a common refrain in much of this entertainment material. I give S&W points as a seinen adventure simply because we do get to see past that point in the story, if only a short bit.

edit: <rofl> "wolfu", I like that.