View Single Post
Old 2014-02-25, 01:06   Link #5903
Eeni

YAY! My computer finally works again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Didn't Duo say that Duo Jr. would have to been conceived around the time he was in a physically relationship with Hilde?

Seems to me that Hilde is the mother and if she is than at least Duo's only child, that he knows of, is with the woman he actually got with until he decided to be all scumbaggery and stuff because commitment scares him.

The things Hilde has to put up with and I don't think she's even fully moved on, despite Duo hurting her so much, as she never got with someone else and is going all Nun stuff nowadays.
I don't remember what Duo said or claimed about Jr. (and I don't want to go back and re-read these chapters). If I recall correctly, at the beginning of the story Duo had said that Jr. wasn't his son. I have no idea whether it was jokingly or not, I really can't tell anymore with Sumizawa.
  • The timeline said that Duo left Hilde in MC0012 Next Summer.
  • Jr. is 4 Martian years old in MC0017 Next Summer (8 Earth years, he'd be 7 if it was First Season).
  • MC0017- 4 Martian Years = MC0013.
  • Since Jr. is 4 in the "Next Season" cycle and not the "First Season", I'm going to assume that his birth year is MC0013 NEXT SEASON/ AC 208.
  • At most, 21 months had passed from the time that Duo left Hilde and the birth of Jr. (At the least it's only 18 moths [NEXT Summer, Autumn, Winter, of MC0012 + First Spring, Summer, Autumn,Winter of MC0013]).
It doesn't seem like Hilde is his mother.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
■ MC-0017 NEXT SUMMER
Father, who brought Naina to the Schbeiker orphanage, meets Duo (age 4).
Unless the timeline meant that Naina was the one who was 4 Mars Years old and not Jr. when they meet in MC0017 Next Summer.... That would make sense since she and Milou are supposed to be 18 years old during the current story.

That would mean that if Jr. is indeed 15 during the current story, his birth year would be AC 211/ MC0015 First Season. So then, according to the timeline Duo has his accident in MC0014 Next Winter and Hilde went to Mars at this time to take care of him. This scenario places the two of them together and makes it more plausible that Hilde is Jr.'s mother (it also means that Hilde and Duo probably hooked up while Duo was immobilized in a hospital)!

O_o

I don't think I've ever seen so much nonsense in so little space. -FalsePrime

Stone Age man attempted to draw movement on cave walls by drawing mammoths with multiple legs. The artists worked until their eyes went bad, they got no pay, no credit, and they were eventually eaten by wild animals. Animation was born! - Tom Sito

And as the Black Beast lurched forward, escape for Arthur and his knights seemed hopeless, when suddenly, the animator suffered a fatal heart attack! The cartoon peril was no more. The quest for the Holy Grail could continue. - Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Last edited by Eeni; 2014-02-25 at 01:26. Reason: an epiphany struck!
Eeni is offline   Reply With Quote