View Single Post
Old 2010-12-03, 09:55   Link #2355
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancel View Post
I've seen a few weird things with Sheryl's popularity. I remember during the series itself Sheryl was not really that popular, and polls actually favored Ranka most of the time. One poll even broke down the vote spread into the voter's country of origin using their IP Address and noted an interesting trend in that Sheryl was actually very popular in the United States, much more so than Ranka, while Ranka was generally more popular in the rest of the world. I believe the overall results were largely even, maybe with a slight Ranka lead. I recall reading some hilarious comments about Americans only liking Sheryl more because of her boobs.
Sheryl was more popular than Ranka in newtype, Ranka was more popular in Animage and Animedia (until the series ended and she dropped off qucker). I think Ranka was more popular on Nico Nico but than again a Megumi video on Nico Nico received a massive amount of hate... seems they were fairly evenly popular on 2ch (though Sheryl was the preferred partner for Alto) until those episodes happened and the Anti-Ranka threads started getting Suzaku (code geass) levels of posts.

Sheryl was vastly more popular in China from what I've been told.. many chinese forums made AS look tame.. in Korea Sheryl made top 16 or 32 for Korean Best Moe.. (which gets far more votes than Saimoe and each voter is registered) and she's not exactly a "moe" character.. Ranka didn't even make it out of prelimaries IIRC. For a "moe" character she certainly failed hard in those moe contests... and being in such a popular show should be an advantage...