View Single Post
Old 2011-02-15, 04:56   Link #7081
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Tried my second heroic today, HoO. We did mostly alright on the bosses...trash ate us though. Probably because I'm new to being the main CC caster. Fear is something I've not needed to use as Crowd Control in a long time (as I usually run with a Mage) Or at least long term CC. I've used it to keep a mob off use for a short period of time, or used it to interrupt a caster, or Death Coil to pull something away from a spot (worked nice when a hex or root broke and the mob got too close to the paladin tank's Consacration to be re-rooted/hexed). But I'm not use to having to keep an eye on a mob and recast Fear on it every 10 or so seconds. It does effect my damage output a bit, and can be messed up easily enough if you get interrupted at the wrong time. Also found I need to watch my Imp, since he'll break it if he starts firing at it on auto.

I am so use to Fear being mostly useless after the removal of CoR that I still think of it as unreliable for CC work. And even glyphed I still don't think it will last long enough because the only times I use it is in PVP or when I need a mob to stop attacking me for three seconds while my Shadowfury is on CD and Death Coil would run them into other mobs. It is probably the most reliable CC there is...just it only lasts 12 seconds, but can hold even if damaged a little, unlike polymorph.

Trouble with this group was it was mostly melee. DK tank, Warrior, and another DK dps with a druid healer and a warlock. The druid and I did CC with roots and fear, which if you aren't use to using fear as a long term CC can be trouble. Our other problem seemed to be stairs and us fight near the top of them while the CCed mobs were beyond the top of thee stairs..thus making it LOS issue to get them re-CCed.

We managed to get it done without anyone quitting, but I think it took at least an hour and a half, maybe two hours. After a 40 minute queue, that is. The Horde had just taken Tol Barad when I queue up. The Alliance had taken the place by the time I got out of the heroic. (It was a LFG run, since my guildees were not on..they came out shortly before I finished, asked how long it took. I asked "What day is it?")

My only real mistake was misclicking "greed" on the orb instead of need like everyone else had already done.