View Single Post
Old 2011-06-09, 18:19   Link #1261
Hiro Hayase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
So I've finally settled down and finished volume 6... Hmmm... How should I put this...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1. Kinji - So I was right; every volume Kinji and Aria gets into some kind of argument and falling out, it's like their relationship never gets anywhere- It's kind of hard for me to take any of their previous heart-warming moments seriously anymore because it doesn't go anywhere. Aria's too prone to misunderstandings and Kinji occasionally has his fit of PMS. I've complained before that his monologues are just so... Frustrating [/polite]. I went back to check some of the comments of the people defending Kinji saying he had a crappy day and everything, but that's not the excuse he gave right? No, the excuse he gave was because he doesn't want to have any more memories of Aria.

That's nothing more than a selfish excuse for himself not to get hurt, using Aria only as a justification for himself.

??????: “You are the only one that can fully understand what you are hiding. She is the only one that can judge how she feels about those things. You seem to have been protecting her from it for your own satisfaction, but I look forward to seeing whether she judges that to have been a good thing or not.”

2. Reki - It's always good to have someone tell Kinji outright that girls are attracted to him and that his perception of reality, is but an illusion. Even if Kinji doesn't get it, at least someone had said it to his face nice and clear. Now, on to the not so nice part; It's all fun and games until someone pulls out a bayonet, at that point warning bells started ringing in my head. She was absolutely serious about killing Aria, she was willing to turn on her friend, or at least someone who had treated her like a friend, she could just as easily turned on anybody as long as the [wind] orders her to.

3. Jeanne - I think she's the best character this volume. The one person that has her head straight and her act together. It's a shame that she's not part of the harem... No scratch that, it's because she's not part of the harem that's what makes her more desirable. Plus she's one of the few girls that doesn't fumble around and can have a clear and misunderstanding free conversation with Kinji.
Since not many people are responding to Kinji and Reki's, I guess I'll play the devil's advocate.

On Kinji: Well just think about it from Kinji's shoes. He's being pushed around by all these fierce girls and so his stress levels would build up eventually. Aria isn't blameless either, seeing as she's the descendent of Sherlock, those numerous misunderstandings are getting annoying after a few volumes. Kinji is a misogynist, plus his experiences in middle school when he was dealing with girls gave him a bit of a trauma. So Kinji naturally doesn't wish to go into HSS anymore and moreover doesn't want girls taking advantage of him again, therefore he keeps HSS a secret from most of the girls.

It seems to me that Kinji's frustrations arise from his inferiority towards HSS Kinji. Most of his friends and comrades-in-arms look up to HSS Kinji, while most people usually never acknowledge the normal Kinji, with the of exception Reki. Perhaps, the expectations that people have for Kinji is weighing down on him so harshly that he became indifferent and stopped desiring to become an 'ally of justice' anymore.

Although, Kinji's goal is to transfer to normal high school and live an ordinary life, Kinji hasn't thought that far ahead about what he's doing afterwards. Well Reki will just end up following him anyways lol.

Yes, that is the basic formula in almost every novel, Kinji and Aria have a fallout, then an enemy attacks them. This must be a sign that Kinji and Aria just aren't meant to be together lol. Your frustration with Kinji will be alleviated with volume 7 hopefully.

On Reki: If you read volume 7 after its translated, then you will understand Reki's character and intentions more. Reki's body may be that of teenager, but her mind is that of a child's, you can't blame her for that. She does have a bit of individuality though, Reki stated in the epilogue of volume 6 that she was truthfully very glad to be engaged with Kinji, enjoyed shopping and having fun with him. She confessed a bit of her feelings there. After hanging out with Kinji, 'emotions' started blossoming inside Reki.

On Jeanne: Although Jeanne doesn't dislike Kinji, there were a few blushing and awkward scenes between the two. She also wears a maid outfit in volume 8, you can see it in the illustrations I think. Well the light novels haven't fully revealed Jeanne's background story that much, so its too early to say. The reason why I like Jeanne is because she's so blunt and truthful lol. It really doesn't matter to me if she's part of the harem or not, she will still be Jeanne. You people are over thinking this.

P.S. If there is one thing that I learned from HnA, it is to never judge a character prematurely. The characters have their reasons for behaving the way they do, including the villains/enemies. For example, I completely misjudged Riko's character before hearing her background story and what she's been though. There's always two sides to a story.

P.S.S. Don't post flamebaits. You know better.

P.S.S.S. That was tiring to write. Small posts are nice.

Last edited by Hiro Hayase; 2011-06-09 at 18:38.
Hiro Hayase is offline   Reply With Quote