View Single Post
Old 2011-06-09, 20:25   Link #1263
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Flamebait? Oh nonono, I simply wanted to learn if I've been missing out on something regarding my analysis on Kinji and Reki, it never hurts to learn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro Hayase View Post
Since not many people are responding to Kinji and Reki's, I guess I'll play the devil's advocate.

On Kinji: Well just think about it from Kinji's shoes. He's being pushed around by all these fierce girls and so his stress levels would build up eventually. Aria isn't blameless either, seeing as she's the descendent of Sherlock, those numerous misunderstandings are getting annoying after a few volumes. Kinji is a misogynist, plus his experiences in middle school when he was dealing with girls gave him a bit of a trauma. So Kinji naturally doesn't wish to go into HSS anymore and moreover doesn't want girls taking advantage of him again, therefore he keeps HSS a secret from most of the girls.

It seems to me that Kinji's frustrations arise from his inferiority towards HSS Kinji. Most of his friends and comrades-in-arms look up to HSS Kinji, while most people usually never acknowledge the normal Kinji, with the of exception Reki. Perhaps, the expectations that people have for Kinji is weighing down on him so harshly that he became indifferent and stopped desiring to become an 'ally of justice' anymore.

Although, Kinji's goal is to transfer to normal high school and live an ordinary life, Kinji hasn't thought that far ahead about what he's doing afterwards. Well Reki will just end up following him anyways lol.
Yes I've heard all this already; but that's not the issue- Kinji didn't lash out in frustration and spite in a moment of impulse; he did it with a purpose in mind- he wanted in inflict pain to Aria to push her away- Sounds dramatic? Maybe, but Kinji said those things to Aria because he's trying to break contact with her, to avoid having anymore memories of her and justified it by saying that he's doing this for her sake.

And this is not the first time Kinji intentionally struck back at Aria, he's been hitting her below the belt since vol 1 and vol 2.

Quote:
Yes, that is the basic formula in almost every novel, Kinji and Aria have a fallout, then an enemy attacks them. This must be a sign that Kinji and Aria just aren't meant to be together lol. Your frustration with Kinji will be alleviated with volume 7 hopefully.
It was supposed to have been alleviated back vol 5 =_=

The problem this time is after all that crap of putting his life on the line to save Aria from EU, and even before that when he could have let her go after the plan hijacking scene, he just decided that he doesn't want to be with her?!

Quote:
On Reki: If you read volume 7 after its translated, then you will understand Reki's character and intentions more. Reki's body may be that of teenager, but her mind is that of a child's, you can't blame her for that. She does have a bit of individuality though, Reki stated in the epilogue of volume 6 that she was truthfully very glad to be engaged with Kinji, enjoyed shopping and having fun with him. She confessed a bit of her feelings there. After hanging out with Kinji, 'emotions' started blossoming inside Reki.
I have no doubt that Reki has feelings and emotions, but I'm pointing out that she was willing to kill a friend, or at least someone who views her as a friend, because the [Wind] ordered her to. It could just as easily had been Kinji on the chopping board, even if she likes him, her emotions takes second place to the [Wind].

Quote:
P.S. If there is one thing that I learned from HnA, it is to never judge a character prematurely. The characters have their reasons for behaving the way they do, including the villains/enemies. For example, I completely misjudged Riko's character before hearing her background story and what she's been though. There's always two sides to a story.
I'm willing to let Reki explain herself, this being her story arc after all, but I can't look past how easily she could turn on a friend, or at least someone who had considered her a friend.

Kinji on the other hand, I had given him six volumes already; he had two chances to let Aria go, and now that he's got her back, he suddenly doesn't want her? Talk about a heartbreaker and woman player.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote