View Single Post
Old 2012-07-29, 21:43   Link #74
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by styr View Post
Even though that is true about her age, there are also a few factors in play. Firstly, Kirito feels very bad about Suguha taking his place in Kendo. He talks about it with Silica and it obviously bothers him. Then he was also tripping because he had abandoned his first friend in SAO, Klein. At the time he joined Black Cats, it had been 5 months since the first day and the burden of 24/7 soloing was starting to weigh heavy.

The Black Cats to him had a family-like atmosphere and he wanted to protect that, due in part to his level being ~20 higher. Them being all club members from RL reinforced that family atmosphere. When Sachi went to Kirito for comfort, he responded back like any brother (big or little) would to a scared sister afraid of death. Of course she did die in the end.. and that just reinforced his way of thinking from before. They only partied for a little over a month I believe, he was lucky that it didn't last long enough for Sachi to take the next step in terms of "comfort" and then die.
Makes you wonder how different it would have been if he had told them about himself and his desire to whip them into shape to make it to the frontlines? If he had been upfront about himself and his skill/level they likely would have listened to him when he said wait/stop and been receptive to his strategies. I think Kirito really dug his friends' graves in the Black Cats, as bad as it sounds.

Agreed on the first part
By "Comfort" you mean "physical comfort"as in .
On the last part I cant say because that would be speculation, On this part it then becames a question on how did the other memebers of The Black Cats feel about beaters? Keita even thought may have said "that" to Kirito in anger and rage may have a actually felt that way about them.