Thread: Dating
View Single Post
Old 2012-12-13, 00:00   Link #10864
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby Princess View Post
(snip)
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

If she's threatening to call the police then I would recommend speaking with them (not via 911) about this issue prior to her having the opportunity to do so. That's kind of the "worst case scenario" bit but it's also something that seems necessary if it were to turn into a misuse of your local police force and a farce of a trial about fiction-based text messages. At the very least, be prepared to give a very strong statement that the boyfriend is not plotting to murder her and that she is not right in the mind.

Now don't get me wrong, cheating is not OK. But neither is being found guilty of perjury (lying in court, and that's only the most obvious thing that will happen to her if she goes through with it and gets discovered, which she will), or the even worse alternative of the boyfriend being imprisoned for sending her "threats" or for having planned out a "murder." At the end of the day I imagine that his service provider will have record of the dialogue and that evidence would make up for his lack of evidence.

With all of that in mind, you most definitely should discourage her. In fact, please discourage your friend.