Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Maoyuu Maou Yuusha
View Single Post
Old 2013-01-25, 20:32   Link #1081
Xander

You know, it sounds like they could simply make an entire episode that covers whatever the Hero did in the Demon realm for the BD/DVD release.

That seems to be a popular marketing tactic these days, no? Even Spice and Wolf had a couple of disc-only episodes (one per season).

But as a non-manga reader and anime-only viewer...the latest episode had some very good scenes that tried, and mostly succeeded, at developing the characters a little more. The Merchant, in particular, came across as closer to grey than black, in terms of moral attitude, which is an improvement over his introduction. Not sure if I like the Hero's inability to act on his feelings for Maou, but that's becoming a given by this point. I did like how they addressed his teleportation powers though.

However, I still think having so many time skips isn't a good idea. The Female Knight's arrival was taken for granted and came across as a little too sudden, though I definitely enjoyed her interactions. I suppose the series won't be able to escape that particular problem, but at least the actual content remains interesting enough.
Xander is offline   Reply With Quote