View Single Post
Old 2012-09-30, 11:16   Link #10709
ndqanh_vn

It's weird really.

Isn't Ashinin-san's character "flaw" or her main motivation is that she could not find the impossibility - as Medaka said, she could never lose, there nothing she could not do? It is a part of her motivation until now.

And why did the author say now that she has been losing this man for how long? There's something you could not do here, Ashinin-san, there's someone you cannot beat. So why do you have to find the impossibility or whatever it is? Isn't it a big contradiction to how Ashinin-san has always been portrayed until now?
True, she was sealed by Kumagawa, but it does not take long and it is implied that Kumagawa has sealed her due to her carelessness, rather that his raw power. I doubted she viewed it as a loss, and she has reason not to. But this guy has beaten her for thousands of time or so, it's proved that she could not beat him even though she wished to. I am surprised. Because that kind of humilation should have taught her the fact that she is not invincible, she is not a god, she could not do whatever she wants. Therefore that godlike complex, that mental problem the author says that she has (thinking the universe is fake because everything is just so unnaturally easy for her) should not have any reason or logic to exist.

I know that she is not invincible, heck it would be very boring for her to be so. But for her to be offed that fast, and that little history between her and the new guy is just like turning her characterization until now upside down.
ndqanh_vn is offline   Reply With Quote