View Single Post
Old 2006-01-13, 12:35   Link #87
SlugZilla
woofles

I think that it shouldn't have been a Gundam series. Just because it has Gundam stuck at the end of Turn A doesn't make it a gundam series. It should've been just called Turn A and be identified as something unique not tied to the Gundam franchise. I personally would have taken out all the references to gundam, replace the zakus and other MS with original mecha and kept it an original series. It was like a ploy to get gundam fans to watch it. I mean if I put Gundam in front of Escaflowne, give it a v fin and put some zakus in it would that make it a gundam series? I mean a lot of fans would go watch it and be disappointed that aside from the Zaku, v-fin and the Gundam name, that it has little to do with gundam, but deep inside they didn't regret watching it because it was a good series. Actually half of me says it was nice to see some UC and AU references in Turn A but the other half tells me that it was a baaaad idea to include them. But the fact is Turn A is more fantasy, less sci-fi, unlike Gundam. They are like oxymorons, and barely ever should be found in the same sentence.
SlugZilla is offline   Reply With Quote