View Single Post
Old 2013-05-04, 16:38   Link #203
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadrala View Post
I personally don't think the OP can be considered cheerful... But that's my opinion. I think it has more high energy-angst and tension mixed in with hope. I'm a music student and did some brief analysis on it (old habits die hard =_=)... Without going into details about here, I'll just say that they used some techniques that are obviously meant to (and are usually used to) create such an atmosphere. In any case, I don't think the OP will ruin the dark mood much.
Yeah, the whole piece is written in a minor key and resolves to a minor (like a lot of techno), so creates a sense of tension. Just because it's "upbeat" doesn't make it "uplifting". It's meant to evoke the same sort of excitement and tension you'd get in an action scene. In fact, I'd bet good money that they'll use the song in the climax battle of this arc. It's anything but "happy-go-lucky". Contrast to something like, say, the opening of Henneko; that's also a sort of "techno song" (a "denpa song"?) but is basically the definition of "happy-go-lucky" (ever minor chord always resolves to a major, and the overall feel is extremely "cheerful").