View Single Post
Old 2010-11-11, 05:04   Link #1862
jonli
JONLIの憂'

^ Like I said earlier, I really doubt that they would revive the CE universe. Mainly because if they really wanted to they really don't have to wait for Fukuda and Morosawa, they could just do it without them. Personally I find the Seed universe much more interesting when its not handled by them.

I say they really missed the ball on this one and we're not going to see another Seed related big release unless they they pull a Wing and release some side material. If the side material is popular enough they can gain momentum and seize the chance and release a Seed movie. Now it's just kind of poof away, all the hype is on the new 00 movie and the Unicorn OVAs. I really doubt the next Sunrise project would be a CE one too....

EDIT: Also as much as I consider the CE universe the second most fleshed out Gundam Universe (first UC, then CE, then AD) it really isn't that different from UC. I can understand that Bandai/Sunrise would like to keep UC around because of it's super-rich history, but CE's history is basically just a copy paste with modern updates. It doesn't differentiate itself enough with UC, so I really find it useless to support both universes when they're so similar. I personally think it might make a lot more sense to support something like AD which throws the Gundam franchise at a completely new direction (gundam unite earth, aliens, trans-am, magic dust, etc), but you still keep UC so we never have to say good bye to traditional Gundam. But then we also have to consider how popular Seed is in Japan, I keep hearing it's REALLY popular amongst the fujoshi crowd...but...pretty boys can always be replaced.
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote