View Single Post
Old 2012-01-17, 14:59   Link #27094
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
Whenever in the past I have referred to a "reader" affecting the Game Board I have always meant a fictional character within the Umineko universe, never a person in real life. I apologize if that hasn't been clear.

I'm saying that what we see on the Game Board is the result of a two-way process between two fictional characters. Of course this result is reported to real life readers in a one-way process.
Except what you're saying is that, for just this one scene, for absolutely no reason, when we've always previously seen the interplay between the creative forces, we are suddenly treated to the aftereffects of such an interaction which we did not see, which has produced a result which is both intentionally misleading to the reader and seemingly contradictory to the individual advanced as a player, and are given neither indication of how this came about, what rules were obeyed to reach that point, and no explanation as to how the player (who has various special properties previously or subsequently addressed in the text) came to accept it.

Forgive me if I find that completely unbelievable.
This story is a redacted confession.

Blog (VN DL) - YouTube Playlists
Battler Solves The Logic Error
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote