View Single Post
Old 2004-10-09, 19:54   Link #7
Darth_E_
Freelance TS'er/Encoder

Quote:
Originally Posted by clem-kun
When fansubbing becomes our top priority over all else, something is wrong with the picture. Also, people have been labelling us as 'speedsubbers', a title I particularly dislike because I hate speedsubbers myself. Therefore, we are going to be doing rare series now. That way, we can release episodes as we wish, without it being an obligation. Fansubbing can once again be a hobby.

And we have picked up some new series/OVAs that we'll be releasing soon. Stay tuned, and gomen to all those who we have troubled with this news.

- Clem
I think that's cool what you are doing, though I think I can understand why some people label you as "speed subbers" ( even though it might not be your intention). I only watched one release ( Mai Hime ep1) and my first impression was that it was quickly done. ( No karaokes, no op/end translations, no credit translations, lots of scene bleeds, no signs typesetting (then again, there wasnt alot of signs in that episode) ,basic subtitle styling...etc). But regardless, good luck with what you are doing and looking forward for the new series you are going to sub

Yours,
-Elly
Darth_E_ is offline   Reply With Quote