View Single Post
Old 2010-02-18, 01:27   Link #20
rg4619

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
i think there some people who like the game and thinks it perfectly fine the way it is.

but a $40 price drop and excess inventory in both used games and new games pretty much tell how the general public feels about the game.
I was actually referring to the suggestion that there's somehow a correlation between sales/player reception and the fact that Kitase is interested in a FFVII remake.

There isn't. Kitase and Nomura have expressed interest for years, while reminding everyone that it might be a long time before they can do one (and that it might be difficult to do). If you've noticed, they say the same things in every interview, alternating between expressions of heavy interest and admissions that they have no immediate plans.

Similar things were said eight years ago when fans asked for a Final Fantasy VII sequel (i.e. they all love FFVII and it has special meaning. They'd love to return to it. However, they're busy with current projects and it might be hard to make a sequel that lives up to the original).

Quote:
They've already stated in one of many magazine conferences that FFXIII is going to be the last game in the FF series that will be anything like their previous titles, and they're going in a new direction.
Yes, that's what management has in mind (they've already decided that the current direction is a dead end, although it doesn't seem as if anything's set in stone), although the FFXIII team remains hopeful that their game will revive the genre.

Quote:
And I can pretty much say that an FFVII remake would sell very well. As much as the original? Probably not, in fact most likely not, but the number of FF fans that have been wanting an FFVII remake since the PS3 was announced would make FFVII Gold.
It will definitely sell well. However, the question is whether it'll sell well enough to justify its development over that of a new Final Fantasy. Remakes simply don't sell as well as new games since they only target a more dedicated segment of an existing (and often shrinking) fanbase.
rg4619 is offline   Reply With Quote