View Single Post
Old 2012-12-02, 19:00   Link #81
Haikea

I started playing with a mage, a gnome illusionist because they can't be anything else, if you want bonus slots for memorized spells. Gnomes get max INT of 19 while others can go up to 18. Does that matter much? There is also bonuses for saving throws via constitution score, but maximum wisdom is 16 (BGEE has a bug, it should be 17). Original BG manual claims that wisdom score gives better "dodge chance" for effects which attack mind, but this has been removed in BGEE. What is the point of wisdom score outside clerics then? Lore bonus is quite useless anyway.

The game is about same. First levels I play cat and mouse with enemies because my mage has 6 HP so pretty much anything can kill with one hit. I use a sling and Imoen is the bait most of the time. Memorized spells are consumed almost instantly in low levels and it feels kind of silly to rest all the time after a few encounters, if you want play mage as mage.

Archers are even better now. My archer was a fighter in original BG because they can put 5 points to bow mastery for some nice bonuses. Full plate mail gave extra dodge chance (AC) for physical damage too. In BGEE, I can't play neutral or evil alignment, if I want to use archer kit for rangers. Chaotic Neutral is my favorite alignment.

It seems that enemy spawns are also bugged in BGEE. Many posts about this in BGEE forums. They come with heavily reduced numbers like 1 talon elite guy instead 3 talon elites or something like that.